DUBAI: The United Arab Emirates approved granting “golden” visas that allow for a 10-year residency for those who meet the criteria, Dubai’s ruler announced on Sunday.
Holders of doctorate degrees and medical doctors are eligible, as well as computer, electronics, programming, electrical, and biotechnology engineers.
Also eligible are those with specialized degrees in artificial intelligence, big data, and epidemiology, as well as high school students living in the UAE who rank top in the country and university students with a GPA of 3.8 or higher.
Below is the complete list of professions that can apply for the Golden Visa.
1. Ph.D. degree holders: Under the law, professionals holding Ph.D. degree will be awarded the Golden Visa. The individual should be holding Ph.D. degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world.
3. Engineers: In order to attract talent in this specialized field, all engineers in the field of computers, electronics, programming, electricals, electronics, active technology, AI, and Big Data can obtain the golden visa.
4. Highly qualified individuals: The UAE also offers a 10-year visa to highly-qualified individuals who have achieved high scores of 3.8 or more from approved universities.
5. Researchers/Scientists: This includes researchers and scientists who are specialists of their respective fields. Scientists must be accredited by the Emirates Scientists Council or holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence.
6. Inventors: The UAE also offers golden visas to inventors but they must obtain a patent of value, which adds to the UAE's economy. Patents must be approved by the Ministry of Economy.
7. Artists: Creative individuals in the field of culture and art will be awarded the golden visa. Creative individuals in culture and art must be accredited by the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development.
8. Investors: Foreign investors who have invested Dh10 million or above can also apply for the golden visa. This investment can be in the form of a deposit in an investment fund, the establishment of a company, or investment in real estate or any other strategic sectors. A number of Indian, Pakistani, and Arab investors have been awarded golden visas under this scheme.
Below is the list of professionals who can obtain a 5-year visa:
1. Entrepreneurs: This category includes those having an existing project with a minimum capital of Dh500,000, or those who have the approval of an accredited business incubator in the country. The entrepreneur is allowed a multi-entry visa for six months, renewable for another six months. The long-term visa includes the spouse and children, a partner, and three executives.
2. Outstanding students: This includes students with a minimum grade of 95 percent in public and private secondary school university students within and outside the country having a distinction GPA of at least 3.75 upon graduation. The long-term visa includes families of outstanding students.