Expats with valid residency sticker on passport can travel without amending the civil id information

Director General of the Public Authority for Civil Information Musaad Al-Asousi clarified that expatriates having valid residency stickers on their passport need not worry about the mistakes in their name on civil ID card and can travel outside country with their passport.

Kuwait had made it mandatory to use valid civil ID card for travelling out of country after it implemented a new rule to stop residency stickers on passport. However, those who have a valid residency stickers on passport are not affected by this, Mr Asousi clarified.

The new format civil Id, which contains your passport details, if lost outside the country, they can contact the Kuwait Embassy in that country for a temporary residency permit and travel to Kuwait using that. Once they came back to Kuwait, they have to apply for a new civil ID card.

He also advised the residents to correct their name in civil ID card before applying for the renewal of residency in case the detail in your Civil ID card is mismatching with your passport. You can also verify the data at the time of renewal of your residency, he added.

PACI hotline is available from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm for any clarification in this regard, he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *